The Women in Computer Science Undergraduate Committee is a student-run initiative that supports the success of women in computer science at Waterloo by:
- Hosting speakers and lecturers in industry and academia
- Running a mentorship program and providing networking opportunities
- Organizing social events and fostering community
- Educating on women's issues and issues of diverity in computer science and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at large
- Arranging outreach and educational activities in computer science and technology
- Providing supportive, women-only spaces for cis & trans women and non-binary individuals
If you want to visit us, we have an office in MC with Linux terminals!
We can always use more volunteers! If you're interested in getting involved, we'd love to hear from you. Email the committee at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
We have many diverse volunteer opportunities. This is not an exhaustive list, but let us know if you would like to
- Run workshops and educational outreach events
- Help lead our Big CSters mentoring program
- Hold office hours, keeping our office open and welcoming
- Design posters and advertising materials
- Hack on our Linux systems and website
- Organize talks, which could involve hosting out-of-town speakers
- Represent undergraduate interests on the Women in Computer Science Committee
- Represent WiCS at student government meetings
You can sign up or read more about our volunteer opportunities here.